Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wishing for what I don't have.

Do you ever get so caught up in wanting things you don't have? This is me recently. I would love to have some land where I can get back the basics, homestead, raise a few chickens and live a simple life. We live on a very small plot that is only .18 of an acre. Not a lot of  space to do all that I would love to be able to do. I do have a garden and an herb bed but simply no space for chickens.And at this time due to financial problems we have  no extra money to put aside for land.
But while I am often so caught up in wishing for these things I forgot to be thankful for what I do have. I have a wonderful husband who works hard to provide for us. I have the same job I have had for the last 15 yrs though I would love to be able to stay at home, I am thankful that I too can provide for my family. I have two children that are pretty well behaved and have stayed out of trouble in school(for the most part). I have a roof over my head and a place to sleep at night. I have a vehicle that runs and is paid for. I am able to put food on my family's table, some of it I proudly grew myself. And best of all I have a family who loves me for me. While I may not have all that I want I at least have all that I truly need. And while my life may not be as I wish it is as I have made it and so if I really think about it I have  quite a bit to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.