Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lotion Bars

I am giving these little lotion bars to my family and friends for Christmas this year so I thought I'd share them with you also.


1 3/4 oz shea butter
2 oz. beeswax
2 oz coconut oil
1 1/2 t essential oil
soap mold(I used an ice cube tray)


Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double broiler. Add beeswax and melt.Stir and allow to slightly cool; add essential oil and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into molds and allow to cool completely. Remove from mold and package as desired. Add a label and a tag and then embellish


.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there:) Just found your lovely lil' blog and thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I've been wanting to try these for a long time but some of the recipes I've seen sound complicated, yours sounds much more do-able;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing :) The recipe sounds good for me and my family. Thanks again :)

    Welcome to my blog at: http://blog.soliditytrade.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! This is your swap sister stopping by to say THANK YOU for the lovely swap package. I love the apron. AND...reversible??!! Awesome! The snowman ornament is beautiful. I love snowmen. Oatmeal cookies are some of my favorites. The washcloth is beautiful, and I am SO excited about the neck warmer. I have wanted one of those for such a long time!
    Thanks so very much for the wonderful package. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.