Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It was a washout.



I'm sure many of you have been wondering how my show(aka street fair) went. Well it didn't due to rain, LOTS of rain and huge gusts of wind. We got there and the sky looked clear, we knew it was going to rain but we were hoping it would hold off. However that was not to be the case. We had just finished setting everything up our tables looked great. Then about 10 minutes after everything started it poured and the wind lifted everything off my table and dumped it on the ground and we scrambled to get everything picked up. So everyone packed it up and that was the end of it. I was a little disappointed because I had worked so hard to get my dolls and a few other things ready in time.But there was not much I could do since no one has any control over the weather. Maybe I'll try it again next month since it is a Street Fair that is held once a month from April to October. That just means I have time to make up a few more dolls.


I'm actually thinking of getting my vendors licence and trying my hand at a few farmer's market's. Wayne has been working on a few birdhouses and I think between the two of us that we might actually sell something. That is if I could ever get a weekend off from work. But who knows.





4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Jen... I was hoping you would say you sold out! Oh well, there will be better weather days ahead, and more craft fairs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure ,make me feel sad. I sure wish it had been better for ya! Your dolls are awesome!
    dragon hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering, when is the next one? I looked in the paper here but nothing was said. Tons of Craft Shows are coming up, Hope to meet ya at one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the wash out!! The dolls are just beautiful Have you thought ETSY?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.