Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Inspiration

Several years ago I picked up a magazine called Create&Decorate. In the magazine was a designer named Emily Franz. She designs primitve dolls and other primitive items. I fell in love with her designs and decided I too wanted to create primitve dolls. At the time I did not even know how to sew or own a sewing machine. But I knew I wanted to make dolls like hers. So I set out on new journey of creativity. I bought myself a sewing machine as a valentine's day gift that year and set to work learning to sew. I had many failed attempts at making dolls but I didn't give up. I kept at it and eventually made a few dolls that actually looked good. As they say practice makes perfect. I have made many dolls since that day, even sold a few and I have to say Thank You to Emily for sharing her wonderful designs with the world.
Here are a few Emily Franz inspired dolls.

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.